CAUSES & TREATMENT OPTIONS
Normal hair shedding is approximately 100 – 125 hairs per day; fortunately, these hairs are replaced. True hair loss occurs when lost hairs are not replaced through regrowth or when the daily hair loss exceeds 125 hairs per day. Genetically, hair loss can come from both sides of the family. Read more ⇒
- Alopecia areata: Usually thought to be an autoimmune disorder causing ‘patchy’ hair loss, often in small circular areas in different areas of the scalp.
- Alopecia totaliis: Total hair loss of the scalp.
- Alopecia universalis: Hair loss of the entire body.
- Anagen effiuvium: Generally due to internally administered medications (i.e. – chemotherapy agents)
- Androgenetic alopecia: Also known as female pattern alopecia or baldness affecting hair thinning mainly over the top and sides of the head.
- Chemotherapy: Hair loss is one of the most common side effects of chemotherapy treatment. The hair loss may occur on the scalp, face and other places on the body.
- Telogen effiuvium: Hair loss caused by physical or emotional stress, thyroid irregularities, medications and hormonal causes.
- Traction alopecia: Hair loss caused by physical stress and tension on the hair (i.e. – prolonged use
of hair weaving, etc.).
- Trichotillomania (TTM): Also know as ‘trich’, is an impulse control disorder described by the repeated
urge to pull out scalp hair, eyelashes, eyebrows or other body hair.
NON–SURGICAL HAIR REPLACEMENT SOLUTIONS
Hair Take 2 offers personalized hair replacement solutions for women who may be experiencing thinning hair, hair loss and general female balding. We use the most current techniques to restore a natural hairline and natural looking scalp allowing hair to be worn in a variety of styles. You will be able to live an active lifestyle without the worry of being self-conscious about your hair.
Faster and less expensive than surgery, Hair Take 2’s hair replacement procedure re-creates the look and feel of natural hair that matches your personal style. You can enjoy the versatility of styling your hair any way you like.
I understand that hair loss is a sensitive subject. I have two private rooms for clients and most times schedule just one client at a time. I don’t have any clients who do not have hair loss issues. Hair…Take 2 is not a public salon, there are no walk-ins, I work by appointment only and for hair loss clients only.